Client COVID-19 INSIGHTS CENTER/ Newsflash
Recent Land Related Services due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
To implement series of instructions issued by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia as well as to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 in Indonesia, Minister of Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency (the “Minister”) issued Circular Letter No. 3/SE-100.TU.03/III/2020 dated March 20, 2020 on Land Services for the Prevention of the Spread of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) (“Circular Letter”). The Circular Letter was also issued to ensure and maintain the continuity of various land related services provided by the Land Offices (Kantor Pertanahan) in Indonesia during the Covid-19 outbreak. Such land related service procedures should be implemented by taking into account the actual condition of the relevant Land Office as well as policies implemented by the local government.
- Type of Land Related Services
During the Covid-19 outbreak, Land Offices will be providing the following land related services under certain conditions:
- Mortgage (i.e., registration, transfer, deletion (roya), change of name and/or data correction), Land Value Zone (Zona Nilai Tanah), certificate checking and/or Statement Letter of Land Registration (Surat Keterangan Pendaftaran Tanah, SKPT) services, shall be conducted electronically, which is basically in line with the provisions under (i) Minister of Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency Regulation No. 5 of 2017 dated April 25, 2017 on Electronically Land Information Services and (ii) Minister of Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency Regulation No. 9 of 2019 dated June 21, 2019 on Electronically Integrated Mortgage Services.
- Any other land related services (e.g., registration of data maintenance services and any other land information) will be conducted through Online Service Counter Application (Aplikasi Layanan Loket Online). The submission of the required documents will observe the schedule determines by the relevant Land Office.
- Any particular and urgent land related applications that are not yet available to be submitted through the Electronic Service and/or Online Service Counter Application, may be submitted physically to the relevant Land Office by observing the safety procedures.
- Any land related services which requires ground attendance and physical interaction will be ceased or limited depending on the actual situation on the ground.
- Any land activities (e.g., counseling, socialization, etc.) that involves society gathering will be ceased or limited depending on the actual situation on the ground.
- Effective Date
The Circular Letter was initially valid until April 5, 2020 and may be extended. As a further implementation, the Minister further issued Letter No. TU.03/554-100/III/2020 dated March 27, 2020 confirming that the Circular Letter is still valid.
- Implementation of the Land Related Services
Although the Minister through the Circular Letter has applying these procedures to the Land Offices (e.g., several land related services may be processed through an electronic system, physical application to Land Offices is still possible), it is important to note that there might be several Land Offices that are yet to implement these procedures. For instance, we understand that there are several Land Offices that are completely closed due to Covid-19 outbreak or do not have a fully integrated electronic system to support the relevant online land related services.
In order to avoid any interruption on the relevant land related service applications, it is recommended to coordinate with the Land Deed Official (Pejabat Pembuat Akta Tanah, PPAT) to ensure that the relevant land related services application is feasible to be conducted to the relevant Land Office during this Covid-19 outbreak.
April 23, 2020
Copyright © 2020 AKSET. All rights reserved.
Please contact Inka Kirana (email@example.com), Adhitya Ramadhan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rama Putra Sahetapy (email@example.com) for further information.
The foregoing material is the property of AKSET and may not be used by any other party without prior written consent. The information herein is of general nature and should not be treated as legal advice, nor shall it be relied upon by any party for any circumstance. Specific legal advice should be sought by interested parties to address their particular circumstances. Any links contained in this document are for informational purposes and are available and relevant at time this publication is made. We provide no liability whatsoever in respect of any information or content in such links.