Suharsanto is our litigation Partner, and he handles commercial dispute resolutions for clients of the Firm. He has represented clients in a variety of disputes such civil/commercial disputes (before courts and arbitration tribunals) representing claimants or respondents, manpower disputes representing employers or employees, state administrative disputes, bankruptcy and reorganization matters, anti-competition cases, and intellectual property rights disputes. He also has extensive experience in corporate crime and internal investigations.
He represents clients from various industry sectors such as mining, oil and gas, energy, pharmaceutical, property, plantation, and fast-moving-consumer-good companies. The following is the list of his notable cases:
- assisted a Japanese style restaurant chain in Indonesia in relation to its intellectual property claim;
- represented an Indonesian gas trader in an arbitration dispute before the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC);
- represented a Japanese clothing brand in relation to its dispute with former employees;
- represented an Indonesian foreign investment coal mining company in relation to its administrative dispute against Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal Indonesia (Indonesia’s Capital Investment Coordinating Board);
- represented a Japanese rubber plantation company in conducting internal investigation on its employees for the possibility of fraud or embezzlement;
- represented a Japanese tire manufacturer company in anti-monopoly investigation and proceedings by the Komisi Pengawas Persaingan Usaha (Business Competition Supervisory Commission); and
- represented a multi-national shipyard, shipbuilder and docks in Indonesia in relation to the bankruptcy proceedings filed by one of its vendors.
Suharsanto graduated from Faculty of Law at the University of Indonesia in 2007. He is a licensed Advocate and a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI). He is also a licensed Mediator from Pusat Mediasi Nasional (Indonesian Mediation Centre).